Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Atarashii Sutato (Chapter 6)

This is a continuation from the previous chapters. If ur interested, plz follow n comment! =D


Continue...


Did you actually think we would arrive at Trallyn after crossing the Calm Plains? Well, if you did, you're 100% wrong.

"Where are we, Gunter?" I asked.

"We are in a fisherman town called Wetfish" Gunter replied.

"Well, that's a fishy name for a town," Arawin said.

"So, what are we supposed to do here?" I asked.

Gunter readjusted his glasses."You never listen to what I say. I've already told you we are gonna hitch a boat ride from here to Trallyn. You can't simply get to Trallyn by land. It'll take you weeks, maybe months to get there. I'll try to get a ride for us while you two find an inn for us to stay for the night. I'm guessing the earliest we could get a ride is tomorrow. So, prepare anything for the journey ahead," Arawin and I nodded. Gunter went ahead and disappeared in the crowd. Arawin and I stared at each other for a few seconds, and I started the conversation.

"So, where the heck is the inn?" I asked.

"I don't know. Never been to this place," Arawin answered.

"I know! Let's find a building that says 'inn'. I'm sure that's where the inn is," I suggested.

"Let's," he beamed.

We walked into the crowd. It was a very busy town. I guess this place is like 'if you don't work, you don't eat'. Must be tough. Well, it's the reality of life. You can't simply do nothing and gain everything. Everything has it's price. But, what am I doing? Pursuing someone from the past? Is this the right thing to do? Maybe I should just settle down and have a kid or two. Have a normal life. No need to hold a weapon. No need for violence. No need for killing. Could that be better?

"Hey! Juss! Daydreaming again? Man, You're always like this. Seriously, I don't have a clue what's going on in that head of yours," Gunter exclaimed.

"Sorry. I was just thinking. Oh! There's the inn. Let's go," I said.

As I was just gonna open the inn doors, someone familiar whizzed past me. I glanced back quickly. It was her. The one I saw at Drewood(the previous town). What? This can't be. Is it really her?

"Sorry, Arawin. You settle the stuff at the inn. I have something else to do," I beamed.

I chased after her. She was quite far in the crowd. I wasn't 100% sure it was her, but I had this feeling that it was her. I need to know who she is. I continued following her, bumping into townsfolk in the process."Hey!","Watch it!" and "Are you blind?!" were the words I happily received while chasing this girl. I don't know why I'm doing this. She passed the central square and straight to the shopping district. Shopping? A modern girls hobby. So predictable. Unfortunately, as I arrived at the shopping district, she was already gone. Damn it. Wasting my precious time like this. But, I decided not to give up. I asked the townsfolk if they saw a cute girl wearing a white robe. Some people saw her, and gave the directions, but I'm guessing she already went somewhere else, because I couldn't find her anywhere. Oh well. It's just not my luck. So, I backtracked to the inn, disappointed.

"Why the long face, Juss? Clashed with your girlfriend? Haha," Arawin joked.

"Yeah, something like that. I'm gonna hit the deck. G'night," I exclaimed.

"Oh, yeah. Okay then. Night,"

Finally, a long night sleep. I don't remember the last time I slept on a bed. I hope nobody interrupts my sleep. Then, I felt a sudden shake. Someone is shaking me.

"Juss, wake up! Something's not right. Gunter hasn't arrived yet. Something must have happened to him. I just feel it," Arawin said with a tremble.

"You're just imagining things. Don't interrupt my sleep. I hate it," I replied.

Shockingly, he didn't talk me back. Everything was quiet again. Now to have a good night sleep. I opened my eyes, and Arawin was gone. What the---? What's happening? I sense something bad happening. This can't be. I jumped from bed and fetched my katana.

"This is gonna be a long night," I muttered, and went out through the windows.


To be continued...

=D

No comments:

Post a Comment